As stipulated in the hospital’s code of ethics: patients have the right to rest and recovery time. Patients assume the primary responsibility of adhering to this right. CISSS des Îles stakeholders who are concerned with the health and well-being of users have a duty to support patients at all times by supplying them, as required, with the necessary tools.
Adhering to visiting hours helps patient recovery and allows for the effective provision of quality health care and services by hospital staff members!
People affected by illness or disease need both medical support and rest time!
Generally speaking, CISSS des Îles recommends a maximum of 2 visitors per patient at any given time.
For the greater comfort of users and to let medical stall provide efficient health care and services, thank you for understanding and observing visiting hours and restrictions.
Visiting hours are as follows:
- Hospitalized patients: from 2 pm to 8:30 pm every day
- Pediatrics: from 2 pm to 8:30 pm, with the exception of fathers and mothers who have a right to visit at any time.
- Perinatal care (obstetrics / nursery): from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, with the exception of spouses who have a right to visit at any time.
- CHSLD – Centre d’hébergement Eudore-LaBrie: visits are authorized at any time.
- Intensive care: for immediate family members, visits are authorized at any time. The following instructions must, however, be adhered to: maximum 1 visitor at a time; time spent with the patient is 10 minutes maximum per hour.
- Emergency (observation): from 2 pm to 8:30 pm, depending on the patient’s clinical condition; one immediate family member may be present. The following instructions must, however, be adhered to: maximum 1 visitor at a time; time spent with the patient is 10 minutes maximum per hour.
- Day surgery: immediate family members are allowed at any time on the day of the operation; however, no more than 2 visitors are permitted at a time. * Attending physicians and health care and services unit leaders or their substitute have the authority to restrict or expand the visiting hours or the number of visitors, according to the patient’s therapeutic needs. Where appropriate, specific instructions shall be written in the patient’s file or on the patient’s door. Infection control and prevention
- * Evening and night time visits are under the supervision of security agents.
- * Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an ADULT.